Welcome to ELEC2146. The majority of the materials for this course will be made available via http://lms-blackboard.telt.unsw.edu.au, progressively as they become relevant.
What is happening in Week 1 ?
· There is no tutorial.
· Lectures start in Week 1. The first lecture is on Wednesday 9-11, in EE222.
· Although labs officially start in Week 2, there will be a non-assessable introductory lab in Week 1, on Thursday 3-6, in EE214. All students are strongly encouraged to attend, especially if you have limited or no experience with MATLAB. The lab sheet for this is posted below.
· The Thursday lab timeslot had too few students in it and was closed by central timetabling. Apologies to everyone affected by this; there will only be one lab, on Wednesdays 3-6pm.
What can I do to prepare for this course ?
· Go through the MATLAB tutorial (link below) if you have not used MATLAB previously.
· Revise any circuit analysis, transient response, frequency response and state-space topics from ELEC2134 that you are not comfortable with, and maybe revise any matrix-vector operations and statistics concepts you are not comfortable with. There is also a small amount of C programming in this course, so it may be helpful to revise this.
Any questions ? Please contact me: http://www2.eet.unsw.edu.au/staff/epps/profile.htm (note: I am not “On Leave” as suggested by this web site !)
š Lecture notes, slides, tutorial problem sheets and lab exercises will be made available via http://lms-blackboard.telt.unsw.edu.au.
š Files for lab exercises:
š Web links:
- MATLAB tutorial (for Week 1)
- MATLAB System Identification toolbox guide (for later)
Last Updated: 7 July 2011
Dr Julien Epps